Apart from the allure and entertainment that leaving behind day-to-day life, pitching a tent, and sleeping out under the open stars can offer, camping also goes hand-in-hand with a number of fantastic activities. Here are just a few:
- Roasting Marshmallows is perhaps the quintessential camping activity. Loads of fun and extremely delicious, cooking over an open campfire is an activity loved by children and adults alike. Roasting franks, kabobs, biscuits, or bacon can add a bit of nutrition to the fun!
- Swimming in natural bodies of water is a great way to reconnect with mother nature while cooling off and getting excersize, too! Offering both heated pools and the river that shares our name, Saco River Camping Area is a great place to play in the water!
- Hiking is a must for nearly all campers. Extensive trails and recreation facilities will be just minutes away from your Saco River campsite, so we encourage you to explore our website and learn more!
- Pickup Sports: wiffleball, soccer, touch football, and games such as tag, red rover, and hide and seek will always be an important part of camping for kids and grown-ups alike. Our facilities here at Saco River Camping Area include wide open spaces and a specially designed wiffleball field, so let the games begin!
- Campfire Games (and Stories) are the perfect way to keep the fun going after the sun goes down. Card games, board games, and scary stories are classic campfire activities–as are twenty questions, truth or dare, and Chinese telephone!
Book Your Next Camping Trip with Saco River Camping Area
If you’re ready to head to the great outdoors and enjoy a few fun filled days and peaceful nights away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, head over to the Saco River Camping Area website and reserve your stay now!