With nearly 50 acres to spread out on and the refreshing mountain air to breathe in, we believe camping at Saco River Camping Area will provide our campers with a much-needed getaway. Our Store is currently available by phone from 8:30 am – 8 pm at 603-356-3360. Phone volume has been very high and extended wait times are common. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
– RV guests, please plan to be self-contained and minimize usage of our public facilities.
– Out of State guests are allowed if they review, agree with and sign a health affidavit related to quarantining in their home state and other COVID-19 related questions prior to entering the campground.
– We are allowing a limited number of tents and pop-up campers.
– A limited number of visitors are allowed if they can attest to their health by reviewing and signing a health affidavit.
– Stay at least six feet from others at all times. This might make some open areas, trails, and paths better to use. Do not go into a crowded area.
– We recommend wearing a cloth face mask.
– Avoid gathering with others outside of your household.
– Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
WILL YOUR FACILITIES BE OPEN?
Most facilities are open with limited capacity and social distancing recommendations. However, the pool is not open due to current state guidelines. Additionally, we don’t recommend use of the playground due to CDC recommendations. Our Store is open with social distancing requirements in place. The CDC also offers personal safety practices that every guest in the park can take upon themselves to stay safe.
HOW DO I CHECK-IN?
We’ve been working hard to adjust our guest processes to make your life easier and respect social distancing recommendations. With that in mind, we’ve instituted an almost paperless check-in process. To help with this change please follow the instructions below:
48 Hours Prior to your arrival give us a call or log in to your account on camplife to pay your balance and complete all required forms. This step will enable you to have a nearly touch-less check-in process (you’ll only need to pickup your parking passes at the office). Our office can be reached daily from 8:30 am – 8:00 pm at (603) 356-3360.
When arriving at the campground pull straight up to the LP tank fill area and walk into the store to pick up your parking passes.
If you have a balance, questions, or simply want to speak to one of our friendly team members press the intercom button at the gate or call us on the phone at 603-356-3360.
WHAT ACTIVITIES CAN WE DO?
Bike and Golf Cart rentals are available.
Basketball, volleyball and gaga ball are open, but we do ask that no more than ten (10) people participate at once and campers maintain social distancing during the activities.
This is a great time to reconnect with the outdoors and explore the adjacent Audubon Dahl Wildlife Sanctuary which provides great walking trails and access to Saco River for the outdoor enthusiast.
Also, most trail-heads in the White Mountain National Forest have been reopened.
WHERE CAN WE GET FOOD?
Grocery stores are open. Additionally, most local restaurants are open. However, we have been asked to request that you bring all the provisions you anticipate needing during your stay.
ARE VISITORS PERMITTED?
Yes, per the State of NH a limited number of visitors are permitted on the campground. However, each visitor required to fill out the health affidavit before entering the property.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO CANCEL?
Like you, we are experiencing the impact COVID-19 is having on the world and understand that you may need to change your travel plans. As a small, family-owned business, we would love the opportunity to host you later this season and we are happy to make date adjustments as we’re able. However, please consider purchasing trip insurance to protect your vacation investment as the seasonality of our business requires our long standing no refund policy.
WHAT IF SOMEONE AT SACO RIVER CAMPING AREA IS DIAGNOSED WITH THE VIRUS?
If we are made aware of a diagnosis and someone in the park has tested positive, we would notify our local board of health and follow their direction. Anyone with symptoms of the COVID-19 virus should follow CDC guidelines, contact their health care provider, and self-quarantine for at least 14 days.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MAINTAIN CLEAN AND SANITIZED FACILITIES?
Our facilities team is working diligently to ensure the safest and most sanitary environment for our guests.
– Most restroom buildings are equipped with touch-free water and soap dispensers with antibacterial soap.
– All restroom buildings are equipped with touch-free dryers and/or towel dispensers.
– Additional hand sanitizer stations have been installed at all laundry facilities and are available at all buildings.
– We use sanitizer for hard surfaces with color-coded rags to prevent cross-contamination.
– Each building has its own set of cleaning tools to prevent any cross-contamination.
– We will have our team circulating through each building to clean and wipe down frequently touched areas.
There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the water. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (with chlorine or bromine) of pools should kill COVID-19.
Our pool remains closed at this time.
Swimming and other water-related activities are excellent ways to get the physical activity needed for a healthy life. If you are not sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, it is safe to use swimming pools as long as steps are taken to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
– Keep your hands clean by washing hands with soap and water, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
IS THE DRINKING WATER SAFE?
The COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking water. Conventional water treatment methods that use filtration and disinfection, such as those in most municipal drinking water systems, should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.
I wanted to take a minute to write and let you (the owners/managers of the campground) know what a wonderful time we had at your campground recently.
My husband, myself and 2 toddlers stayed on site 123 and my parents next to us on site 122. The woman who checked us in on 6/12 was very polite and a pleasure to chat with.
All the employees that we encountered between the hayride, security guy who drove by frequently on golf cart and cleaners in the bathrooms were so nice and easy to talk to.
All of us camp very often and at a lot of different campgrounds and have never seen such clean bathhouses in our entire life!! They were never dirty!!
I called in maybe March or April before booking and spoke with a gentleman on the phone. We spoke for maybe 10-15 minutes and he was so very nice in answering all of my questions about location and the campground. I explained we had interest in the river sites but had some concerns about them because we have a 2 year old boy who is a runner with no fear. He turned us away from those sites and recommended our sites with 123 being one of his favorites. I am SO GLAD we spoke because he was spot on. The river sites although awesome wouldn’t have been a good fit with our kiddos. We absolutely loved our sites and it was the perfect location for us! It was nice and big and gave the kiddos plenty of room to play without being to close to busier roads.
We are looking forward to coming back next year. I can’t thank you enough for such a wonderful stay!
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in North Conway, thanks in great part to SRCA. It was definitely handy to accessing attractions and routine shopping (as well as adventure shopping!). But once inside the campground, one has little clue that commerce and traffic are so close. It is quiet, green and pretty. Loved the huge trees and the river and the bird sanctuary being next door. The camp sites are commodious to say the least. We had fun and enjoyed watching families of all kinds doing likewise. Your staff was great. You guys do a great job!
Kay and Steve Parish
Camping in a 25′ motor home
Kay and Steve Parish
My husband and I just stayed here for a weekend and we were very pleased with our site and our surroundings. They had a scout gathering in tents behind us and not a sound after quiet time started. Very impressed and will Definitely stay again.