We love greeting our guests, which is why we offer check-in times as early as 2:00 pm and as late as 8 pm. A deposit will ensure that your site reservation is held until 8 pm, so there’s no need to rush out there on the roads. Check-out times are at 11:00 am, giving you plenty of time to sleep in. Please keep in mind that although we’d love you to stay, late departures will be charged $15 per hour during our summer season and on holiday weekends. We do this to help ensure we can have the site cleaned and ready for incoming guests on time. You can easily avoid this fee by making sure your cleared off your site and checked out by 11:00 AM.
Yes, because we are so busy, we have minimum night stay requirements to minimize guest turnover during our busiest times. Doing this significantly reduces traffic in the campground and creates fewer disturbances for our campers. You’ll find several popular weekends require a 3-4 night minimum stay and June 22 – through August 21 requires a 5-night minimum stay.
Often we do have shorter stays available during these times, but those can only be reserved 30 days in advance of the stay (up to 60 days when we select the site at check-in) and require a non-refundable payment in full at time of reservation.
You must be 23 years of age or older. There also must be someone of 23 years or older on each site who will be responsible for making sure all members of their party follow our family friendly rules and policies.
Though we certainly hope you don’t, if you find you must cancel your reservation, simply give us at least 30 days notice prior to your scheduled arrival date and we will return your deposit less a $25.00 cancellation fee. Sadly, even in cases of an emergency, we cannot refund deposits when a cancellation occurs without proper notice. Additionally, guests who shorten their stay are liable for charges on canceled nights and will incur a $10.00 change fee. Proper cancellation notice is required to avoid additional charges. Reservations which are made within 30 days of arrival are 100% non-refundable.
You sure can, but please remember that specific sites are not guaranteed. This means that you can request a certain site, but it is subject to change. You could be moved to a different spot without notification. Your new spot would still have comparable hookups but may not be the one you had your heart set on.
Sure, but there are a few things you’ll need to consider. First of all, our site fee is designed for one family in one camping unit, so if another family were to join you on your site and would not be staying inside your camping unit (meaning they would stay in a separate camping unit) they would be required to pay a separate site fee. Since there would be no cost advantage to sharing your site, they might just prefer their own. Only two tents are permitted on each site and please help us to keep our sites looking nice by not setting up your tent on a grassy area.
All campers and their visitors will need to register before entering the camping area, which ensures that we know who is staying with us (plus, we can call you by name during your stay!). Registered campers should have the identification tag displayed from the rearview mirror or on their dash, as well as have a valid credit card on file.
We’re not as closely guarded as Oz, but we do maintain opening/closing times. The gate is closed and locked from 11:00 pm until 6:00 am, which ensures that you’re not kept awake by nighttime traffic. If you end up having a blast in North Conway and come back past 11:00 pm, just park on the side of the driveway outside the gate and walk to your site. Make sure you’re not blocking the entrance, as you’ll wake up to a towed car (not a good start to the day).
We strive to protect our forests from insects and disease, so we don’t allow any firewood from outside the campground that is not kiln dried with a sticker showing the manufacturer and place of processing. Don’t worry, we also sell kiln dried firewood at the Saco River County Store, so you’ll never be in want of roasting those marshmallows.
For the safety of all campers, fires need to be confined to campfire rings or grills. Burning of trash is not allowed. Fires cannot be higher than 24” above the rim of the fire ring, so keep track of it carefully. Please don’t feed the fire after 11:00 PM and all fires need to be completely out by 11:30 PM. NH State law states that the fire rings cannot be moved from their location, or else we’ll get fined up to $1,000. Be sure to stay by your fire at all times, as unattended fires will be put out; besides, it can get cold at night!
Good question! To secure your reservation, you can pay your deposit by check, cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or even a Saco River Camping Area Gift Card (American Express is not accepted). When you check in, you may use any of these except checks (checks are not accepted within 14 days of check-in).
Yes, Saco River Camping Area offers free wireless Internet which covers many areas of the campground. However, we are in a rural location and the Internet service here is likely not what you experience at your home and work. Please don’t expect to watch your favorite Netflix show or play online video games while on the property. There is limited bandwidth available to the campground, so when we’re busy (lots of people online) service will be very slow. Even so, after a few days in the heart of Mount Washington Valley, you’ll want to keep your phone and computer hidden away anyhow….you’re camping after all 🙂
It wouldn’t be a family camping vacation without the family pet! Did you know we have two terrific dog parks for your favorite friends? We have one dedicated to smaller dogs and one for larger. As such, we welcome friendly and well-socialized pets; unfortunately, owners who have pets displaying any form of aggressive behavior will be asked to immediately remove the pet from the property.
We don’t allow wild or exotic pets (including livestock – sorry to your cow Bessie). All pets should be penned, caged, or restrained on a leash no longer than six feet, and they should be attended to at all times. Electronic type fences are not permitted. Additionally, please inform your visitors that they are not allowed to bring pets into the campground. Keep in mind, for sanitary reason pets aren’t allowed in the restrooms, playgrounds, laundry, country store, or pool area.
And of course, bring plenty of poo bags so you can pick up after your pet!
** Don’t forget; while in North Conway be sure to check out our friends at Four Your Paws Only and receive a 15% discount for being a guest of SRCA. Your pet will be glad you made the trip. Make sure to bring your parking pass as proof to receive your discount.** Please see the following link for more information http://www.fouryourpawsonly.com/
We allow up to two (2) vehicles on most campsites (although several sites are limited to one (1) vehicle or none at all ), excluding camping equipment. We enforce a strict speed limit of 5 MPH. We have speed bumps around the campsite to ensure that your inner racing star is kept in check. Personal golf carts and scooters are not permitted, although we do rent golf carts for those who would like one.
During summer months and on holiday weekends visitors are not allowed to take their vehicle(s) into the campground. Instead, we offer a designated visitor parking area near the store.
Maximum occupancy is six (6) registered campers per site. A camper is considered someone who stays overnight. There is a maximum of four adults per site.
If you have visitors – and trust us, you will! – tell them that they’re bound by the rules of the campground. There is a per person visitor fee ($6.00 per day for adults; $4 for children 3 to 17; children under three are free). You’re limited to four (4) visitors per campsite. Visitors are not allowed to bring pets into the campground. All visitors must leave the campground by 10:00 pm, so be sure to keep an eye on that clock.
Saco River Camping Area is fun, and at the end of a day filled with adventure, you want to get a good night’s rest. Quiet hours are from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am daily, which ensures that everyone gets the sleep they need. Unreasonably loud noises are prohibited at all times, which means you should probably leave your subwoofers at home. We also ask our guests to not cut through another camper’s site when walking somewhere.
Out of safety concerns for guests, employees, and Camping Area property, as well as concerns for individual privacy, Saco River Camping Area prohibits the operation or use of Remote Controlled planes/vehicles, unmanned aerial systems, or drones, by the general public – including recreational users and hobbyists – without the prior written authorization from Saco River Camping Area. This prohibition includes drones used for filming or videotaping, as well as any drone use by media or journalists operating above or within Saco River Camping Area boundaries. This prohibition on drone operations or use extends to any drones launched or operated from Saco River Camping Area property, as well as drones launched from private property outside of the Camping Area boundaries. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you seek prior authorization to operate any aerial drones.
Any authorized operation of aerial drones may be governed by Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations, local law enforcement, and/or U.S. Forest Service rules, as well as those policies separately established by Saco River Camping Area., which may include certification, training, insurance coverage, indemnification requirements, and waivers or releases of liability. Any violation of this policy may involve the removal from the Camping Area of any violating guest, as well as confiscation of any drone equipment, and may subject violators to any damages, including, but not limited to, damages for violations of privacy and/or physical or personal injuries or property damage, as well as regulatory fines and legal fees.
For the 2020Season, advance site reservations (those made in 2019 for the 2020 season) of 7 days or less shall require a $100.00 deposit. Reservations of 8- 12 nights require a $200 deposit. Longer reservations, cabins, and trailers have special deposit requirements. Please contact us for more details. Balance due upon arrival. Reservations which are modified after booking are subject to a $25.00 change fee. Advanced deposits are refundable (less a $25.00 cancellation fee) up and until 90 days prior to your scheduled arrival. Within 90 days of arrival, deposits for advanced reservations become non-refundable and the reservation cannot be shortened.
We’re all concerned about our environment and we should be. Here are some tips that you and your family can do to help:
- At Saco River Camping Area, we request that you choose only environmentally safe holding tank additives, deodorizers, sanitizers, etc., for your RV. For your convenience, our Camp store carries only environmentally safe holding tank products.
- If you are going off for the day, be sure to turn off any lights, heat or AC within your RV.
- Please don’t litter!
Other green efforts on our behalf include timers & sensor lights at the restroom and laundry facilities, & water saving devices and timers on the showers. We have also replaced most of the lights in the park with fluorescent bulbs or LED lights. We will continue to make green improvements in the years to come and appreciate your cooperation!
Here at Saco River Camping Area, we want to ensure that everyone has a great time when they stay with us. In addition to what we outlined above, we also ask guests to respect the following rules:
- Smoking-For the health and safety of our guests and staff smoking are not permitted in or around any buildings, rental trailers, cabins or the pool area.
- Bicycle Riding-Due to safety concerns for our guests, bike riding after dusk is not permitted. (Dusk is ½-hour after sunset.) NH Law requires helmet use for children under the age of 16. The Saco River Campground strongly recommends that all riders use helmets, as you never know when you might take a spill. Please do not block doorways or walkways near buildings and use bike racks when available.
- Swimming Areas-For the safety of all of our guests please be aware that the pool and river areas are not supervised, do not have lifeguards on duty and use of these areas is at your own risk. A competent adult must supervise children under the age of 14. It is recommended that children under the age of 6 use a flotation device when in the pool. There will be no diving in the pool, no swimming alone, and no running inside the pool area. Glass, smoking, or pets are not allowed within the pool area. Swim diapers are required for all children who are not completely toilet trained. Pool Hours are from 9:00AM-9:00 PM daily during the summer and 9:00AM – 8:00PM from Memorial Day through late June.
- Grey Water and Waste Water-In order to take care of the environment Greywater and Wastewater from RV’s, outdoor showers and portable toilets must be caught in holding tanks or holding receptacles and deposited at the dump station. Washing of personal vehicles, camping equipment, watering dry roads, or anything that creates grey water that is deposited or spread around the ground is prohibited. Sinks in restrooms or laundry rooms are not to be used for washing pets or dishes or for cleaning fish etc.
- Wild Animals-Please remember that we are camping outdoors, so you do need to take precautions against wild animals. For the health and safety of the animals as well as the campers please do not leave food out overnight or feed any wild animals. Teddy bears may be cute, but we promise, real-life bears are a lot scarier.
- Trees-We love our trees! Please do not chop, cut, put nails or in any way damage the trees.
- Trash-We can all help take care of our environment. Please place all trash in the dumpsters and recyclables’ in recycle bins at the refuse area. Please clean the campsite when you leave. Placing or burning trash in the fire rings or grills are prohibited.
- Clothes line-We understand the need to dry your laundry (after all, you’ll be doing a lot of swimming!) and also care about the safety of our campers as serious injuries can result from clotheslines left up after dark. We allow a single short clothesline between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Besides, you want your clothes to dry in the sun – moonlight isn’t exactly strong enough to get your bathing suit dry!
- Kiddie or Portable Pools – We are sorry, but portable pools of any kind are not allowed.
Just a quick word about prohibited items: we don’t allow illegal substances, drugs, or drug paraphernalia; we also don’t allow firearms, weapons, or explosives (including fireworks). Any campers that are in violation of these rules will be asked to leave.
Saco River Camping Area is not responsible for any theft, loss by fire or accident. Any personal property including, but not limited to, canoes & kayaks, coolers, electronics, monies whether on your site or within the campground, are stored at your own risk. Use of any of the facilities is strictly at your own risk. Parents will be held responsible and pay for any damages to property, facilities etc. caused by themselves or their children.
Regardless of type of accommodations, all guests/visitors assume all risks and danger incidental to their stay as well as damage to personal property including specifically but not limited to, the danger of being injured by insects or animals, of being injured while participating in recreational activities, and/or being injured as a results of inclement weather conditions, and agrees that the Saco River Camping Area it’s principals, owners, agents, and employees are not liable for injuries or property damage resulting from such risks and danger.